When using Dosh, the process you must go through for online and in-store transactions is different. Here are some reasons why you may be experiencing issues with receiving your cash back:
Nearby Local Offers
There could be several reasons why you did not receive cash back for a Nearby Offer. The most common instances are as follows:
1. You must make your purchase with a card that is linked to your Dosh wallet. We recommend that you connect all of your cards to the app so you can take full advantage of any available Dosh offers. That way you can use your cards interchangeably without having to remember a specific one to use!
2. You're using your debit card and the transaction was processed as debit.
- To ensure cash back when making in person transactions with a debit card, you must swipe it like a credit card (do not use your PIN #) to receive your cash back. Otherwise, the transaction will go directly to your bank and will not register in our system. This is a known caveat in the cash back industry and not isolated only to Dosh. We track your cash back through your credit card transactions only, not your bank transactions!
3. Your credit card processor did not clear the transaction, which invalidated any cash back, resulting in a "failed" status.
4. You linked your card and immediately tried to use it for a Nearby Offer. Once you link your card, it usually takes about 24 hours to register with our credit card partners before you start receiving cash back automatically.
5. Sometimes, a merchant's credit card processing device may read the chip on the card and force a debit card transaction, which we unfortunately have no control over. The best way to know is to look at the top or bottom of the receipt where it should either state credit or debit. If it states credit on the receipt, then please allow up to 7 days for the cash back to appear. If it states debit, never fear- we will honor cash back for all qualifying debit transactions. Just make sure to submit a ticket to our Dosh Support Team along with your receipt. For the best possible experience, we recommend linking an eligible credit card to receive automatic cash back!
6. The offer may not have been valid at the time of purchase. Please make sure to check the merchant's offer details in the app for all terms and conditions prior to purchase. This information can be found under the "More Info & Fine Print" section on the merchant's page. You'll see all daily limits, item or card exclusions, and location restrictions that the merchant may have as part of their offer. This will help you to ensure your cash back!
8. A merchant or business may have switched to a different credit card processor, and not notified us of this change. Once we’re aware of this issue, we can work with the credit card companies to link the new processor to the business address and the offer!
Nearby offers sometimes require up to seven days for any cash back to be deposited into your Dosh wallet. Please allow for this timeframe to pass to ensure you receive your cash back. If it's exceeded seven days, and you have not received your cash back, please contact the Dosh Support Team!
*Please note, your cash back may be in a "pending" state when initially deposited. Although your transaction may have cleared on your end, our process is entirely different. Once we have received an update from your credit card processor, your pending cash back will be officially deposited into your Dosh wallet. This process may take up to 30 days for in-store and in-person transactions, depending on the participating merchant.
'Click to Activate' Offers
Tap to Activate offers must be activated prior to your purchase, and purchases must be made with a linked Visa card to be eligible for cash back. More information on Tap to Activate offers can be found here.
There could be several reasons why you did not receive cash back for an online offer. The most common instances are as follows:
1. Once you select an offer, you must go through the Dosh app using the Shop or Open button in an offer to access the participating merchant's site.
2. You must make your purchase with an eligible card that is linked to your Dosh wallet. We recommend that you connect all of your credit and debit cards to the app so you can take full advantage of any available Dosh offers. That way you can use your enrolled cards interchangeably without having to remember a specific one to use!
3. If you use your PayPal account or other virtual wallet to purchase an online order, the purchase will not register within our system. Please make sure to pay directly with an eligible card that is linked to your Dosh account.
4. Your qualifying online transaction did not clear with the credit card processor, therefore a notification was not sent to Dosh. As a result, any cash back was invalidated OR there was a change with your online order. If your order was returned, cancelled, or if the amount changed due to items being added, the cash back will show up as invalidated or "failed" in our system.
6. You linked your eligible card and immediately tried to use it for an online offer. Once you link your eligible card, it usually takes about 24 hours to register with our credit card partners .
7. The offer was removed or changed and therefore not valid at the time of purchase. Please make sure to check the app for any qualifying offers on the day of purchase to ensure your cash back.
8. You purchased an item that was excluded from the offer, have already received the maximum cash back allowed by the participating merchant offer, or paid with a card that is excluded from the offer. Make sure to review the "More Info & Fine Print" section of the offer. You'll see any limits, exclusions, or daily caps that the merchant may have as part of their offer. This will help you to ensure your cash back!
10. The qualifying transaction hasn’t been processed yet on our end. Although your transaction may have already cleared with your bank or credit card, the updates we receive are an entirely separate process. Once our system has received the necessary update from your credit card processor, you will receive your cash back. When this happens, you will no longer see "pending" in green underneath your cash back amount, and the funds will become available to transfer. It may take up to 7 days for a qualifying transaction to appear in your Dosh account. Cash back may sometimes stay in a pending status for up to 90 days, depending on the participating merchant.
As mentioned above, online offers may require up to 7 days for any cash back to be deposited into your Dosh wallet. Please allow for this timeframe to pass to ensure you receive your earnings. If it's exceeded 7 days, and you have not yet received your cash back, please submit a ticket to our Dosh Support Team. You will need to complete all fields in the ticket and attach your receipt or bank statement. We can then do some investigation and work on crediting your account manually if needed. We will always try our best to get you your cash back!
Missing cash back? Submit a ticket to our Dosh Support Team here!