At this time, Dosh allows the following cards to be linked to our platform:
- Visa credit and debit cards
- MasterCard credit and debit cards
- American Express credit and debit cards
Please note, we currently do not allow the following:
- Government administered cards (such as EBT)
- Healthcare cards (this includes HSA)
- Apple cards
- Prepaid cards
- Department store cards
We hope to be able to bring on these cards in the future!
If you are still experiencing difficulties with linking a credit or debit card, it may be due to one of the following:
1. Your app or phone number needs to be updated. Please ensure that you have the latest version of the Dosh app and that your phone number is updated in your account.
2. The name on your Dosh profile is different from the name on your linked credit or debit card. Please update your profile name to reflect the name on your card.
3. Double-check that your credit or debit card’s CVV is correct. The CVV on Amex cards is 4 digits on the front. For Visa and Mastercard, it’s 3 digits on the back of the card.
4. Make sure to use the zip code that’s connected with the card. This should be the zip code associated with your current billing address. If you’ve recently moved, try your old zip code.
5. Eligible credit cards with the same account number cannot be linked to two different Dosh accounts at the same time. The same is true for debit cards with the same account number if you share a joint bank account. Since we can only pay out cash back once on any qualifying transaction, we cannot support multiple Dosh accounts associated with the same credit card number.
*Please note, this includes any instance of an eligible credit or debit card with an authorized user. Although the names on the cards may be different, if the card number is the same, it can only be associated with one Dosh account. If this is an issue, our recommendation is to reach out to your bank or the credit card company to see if you can get cards with separate numbers. Please keep in mind that this may work with some banks and credit card companies, but not others.
Once you link your eligible cards, please allow up to 24 hours to ensure they registered with our system. If purchases are made before the 24 hour mark with a newly linked card, you may not end up receiving automatic cash back and may have to submit a missing cash back ticket.
If you are still unable to add your card, please submit a ticket to our Dosh Support Team. To help us troubleshoot better, please send us a screenshot of the error message you’re receiving. We’ll help you add your card, so that you can start earning cash back!
Have questions? Contact us now!